Tuesday, April 1, 2008

you'd surface face first and we'd share thought bubbles

keep art alive; art by kukula


"and true affection floats
true affection sinks like a stone
I never felt so close
I never felt so all alone
I was out of your league....
and you were twenty thousand underneath the sea
waving affections
You were out of my league
at a distance
that I didn't want to see
wanted you nearer"

early mornings are where my clearest thoughts reside. there is something about the silences, the grace of a sunrisen sky, the lingering kiss of dreams on my skin. in the spirit of that i've been trying to capture some of the clarity, harness some of the creativity, and let myself breathe. this song came on as i passed my favorite bridge, the sun hitting it just so, the cool morning air blowing in through the half-opened window. if i could take a picture that caught the way a moment looks when bliss is hit, if only temporarily, that second would be one of them. so, instead i try to write it out; i replay the song; and i paint it the only way i know how.

No comments: