Monday, September 15, 2008

& i can't do it again

new romantic ~ laura marling

"so we stayed up late one night to try and get our problems right,
but i couldn't get into his head just what was going through my mind,
and i think he knew where i was going.

he put ryan adams on,
i think he thinks it makes me weak,
it only ever makes me strong."

answering bell (cover of ryan adams) ~ laura marling

"let your tears fall and touch my skin,
then your thunderclouds could rage and wail.
i will collect them all for you in butterfly jars."

i stumbled upon laura marling this weekend and fell for her song new romantic, and then later, the same sunday morning, i discovered her cover of ryan adams' answering bell. thank you, chelle, for finding the new romantic for me, and for getting music the way you do. i love the connections loving music forms, and the way it enriches the bonds between souls. and, i love finding new music to love.

No comments: