Sunday, September 7, 2008

i live to make you free

boats & birds ~ gregory & the hawk

"if you be my star, i'll be your sky,
you can hide underneath me and come out at night.
when i turn jet black and you show off your light,
i live to let you shine,
i live to let you shine.

but you can skyrocket away from me,
and never come back if you find another galaxy,
far from here with more room to fly,
just leave me your stardust to remember you by."

this song came around and snuck up on me during the summer, around the same time i fell for the twilight series, and the two became instantly intertwined to me. lately the song has taken on a different shade and tint to me, as i have played it while i've written pieces of a longer story, and it has become part of it - and part of me.

sometimes a pretty love song is just what you need.

No comments: